The Chaos Center at the Visual Math Institute
Our books on chaos
Dynamics the Geometry of Behavior,
by Ralph Abraham and Chris Shaw.
- A visual introduction to dynamical systems theory,
chaos theory, and the theory of bifurcations;
645 pages, 851 illustrations, all
in four colors in the 2nd edn (out of print).
- The 3rd edn, 1994, monochrome, is available from
- The four-color 2nd edition is now out of print.
- The four color 4th edition is currently in production at
Chaos, Gaia, Eros,
by Ralph Abraham.
- World cultural history seen from the chaos theory
point of view. 1994,
Harper San Francisco.
Chaos in Discrete Dynamical Systems:
- A Visual Introduction in 2 Dimensions,
- by Ralph Abraham, Laura Gardini, and Christian Mira
- A visual introduction to the theories of chaos and bifurcation
by the method of critical curves.
- Includes extensive computer graphics
by Scott Hotton, Ralph Abraham, and Daniele Fournier-Prunaret;
- and a CD-ROM
by Ron Record and Ralph Abraham.
- Just published (May, 1997) by
The Stairway to Chaos
by Ralph Abraham, Laura Gardini, and Christian Mira.
- This projected series will provide step-by-step
profusely illustrated book/disk/website text packages
for middle and high school math courses.
A few of our recent articles on chaos theory
[MS#76] Erodynamics and the Dischaotic Personality, 1993
- An application to psychology
[MS#92] Chaos and the Millennium, 1997
- Regarding the creation of the future
See also the websites of Ralph's:
Revised 30 December 1998 by Ralph Abraham,